Create memories and a piece of furniture that will last a lifetime. These stools are great in the kitchen or bathroom to extend your reach or assist your little helper in being able to give you a hand or reach the faucet.
Our DIY Stool Kits are easy to assemble and are a great project to do with kids. The wood was salvaged from an old gym out of a St Louis, Missouri school. You’ll get a project pot of your favorite Annie Sloan color to customize your piece. Add another can of paint if you want to add foot/hand prints, polka dots, flames, or racing stripes.
When assembled – 17 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 9
Each Kit Includes:
- Wood Top with Handle
- 2 Legs with Stretcher
- Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Sample Pot – your choice of color
- OPTIONAL: Add a second Sample Pot for an accent color!
- Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Wax – Clear
- 1 1/2” Self Tapping Wood Screw
- Wood plugs
- Small Piece of Sandpaper
- Lint-free cloth for wax
- Detailed Instructions
- Rubber mallet or hammer
Click here to download the complete Step Stool Kit Instructions
- Align the middle brace with the marked spot on the inside of each leg. Secure the screw on the underside of the middle board into the leg. Repeat for the second leg.
- Position the top of the stool on top of the legs so that everything is flush, and nothing is crooked. Then drive screws through the top into the legs to secure the top.
- Screw through the outer legs into the middle brace from the outside to fully secure the legs.
- Place the wood plugs in all the holes you put screws in and hit them with a rubber mallet (or hammer) until they are flush. The stool is now built, so it is time to paint!
- Paint a very light coat of chalk paint over the entire stool. Once the first coat of paint is dry, apply another layer to cover the stool completely. Let dry.
- Use the lint-free cloth to apply a thin coat of clear wax over the entire stool.
- Use the sandpaper to distress areas on the stool until you achieve your desired look.
- Wipe off the excess powder from sanding and apply another light coat of wax. Please wait 24 hours to use so that the wax can dry.